Any more, whether this is large or small, is going to have its own level of stress associated with it. However, one of the key components of getting through any move is to ensure that you are preparing for your move in the proper method. That is why we have created a checklist of items that you are going to want to have on hand, along with things you need to know, before your move.
- Have enough packing supplies on hand
These packing supplies will include:
- Cardboard boxes of numerous sizes
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Fresh newspaper
- Plastic wrap
- Packing tape
- Box cutter
- Permanent markers for labeling
- Start packing in a logical manner
Be sure that you are packing in a logical manner so that the packing will go smoother. Consider these tips:
- Pack those offseason things first
- Then go to the storage items you may need to pack
- Rooms that are not in use
- As time gets closer, start packing those everyday items that you can do without until everything is packed
- Lists are helpful
It is helpful to have lists of things that you need to do before the move. For example, make a list of who to contact before your big move, of other things to do such as change of address, and whatever other items you need to do. These lists can make your move that much more organized.
Remember, the more prepared you are for your move, you are going to find that it goes smoother. Every checklist out there is going to be different, as the list is going to contain different items that are of importance to that person. In the end, moving is difficult. But, if you use a professional mover like Excel Moving you will find that your move will be that much easier!