For those who are preparing for a move, what can you do on your end to make this move easier? That is the question that many people ask. After all, moving can be difficult. Once you have scheduled your move with us here at Excel Moving, you can rest assure that you have already taken a major step in making your move easier. Aside from using our services, there are a few other things that you can do to make your next move easier.
- Don’t save packing for until the last minute. If you do, you are going to find that it can be even harder in the long run.
- Ensure that all your boxes are labeled correctly to make unpacking easier.
- Be sure that you take some time to decompress after you move. You can avoid a lot of stress from moving if you simply take some time to relax. If you have designated a box for your first day in a new home, then you can decompress for at least one day before unpacking.
- Get assistance when you need it. Don’t get at this alone. If you need help unpacking, then hire professionals to make this happen!
- Take a few hours before moving to transfer your address on insurance, mail and the like. This way you are completely covered in your new home.
- If your move has come as a surprise, realize that there are going to be a few times in which you may miss your old home. This is normal. But, be sure that you are taking the time to deal with these feelings so that you can be fully on board with your new home!
In the end, moving does not have to be the stressful situation that you imagine it to be. For many, once they use these tips, you are going to find that the move becomes something that is just another activity in your life that you need to do!
After your move, chances are you are excited and nervous about your new neighborhood. For those who are moving with more than just themselves, this time can also be hectic and downright stressful. It is not surprising that many people forget those small things when they move. However, it is these small things that can make your move just a little easier on everyone. With this being said, we have outlined some of those little things that you may forget, to help remind you to get these in order once the boxes have been dropped off and you are unpacking!
- Always notify your insurance companies of your new address and the fact that you moved. You never know, with your auto insurance this could mean your premium lowers slightly, especially if you moved into an area that is not as high traffic!
- Make sure that your bank knows your new address, and this also includes your credit card companies as well.
- Order new checks, if you use them, with your updated address on these. If your address on your check is not updated, don’t be surprised if they are not accepted everywhere.
- Order a lot online? Then be sure to check and ensure that your saved addresses have changed. After all, you don’t want your new package going to your old home!
- Be sure that you update your license, and this is usually something that you are required to do within the first 30 days of moving to a new location. Otherwise, if you were to get pulled over, you could get fined for this.
- If you have medication prescriptions, then be sure to get these transferred to your local pharmacy so it will be easier to pick these up.
- Change your address on those magazines and other items you receive monthly in the mail. Luckily, these items usually have a small postcard to fill out inside of them for this reason.
When you are having to remember where everything is at, change utilities and the like, it is easy to forget some of these smaller things that are not impacting your move right now. However, with this list, hopefully you can get your move into a new home off to the right start. And remember, having professionals like Excel Moving handle your move, can give you more time to focus on those little things!
When moving, it is a hectic time. There are tons of things that you are trying to do, such as find a new place, say goodbye to those who you may be leaving behind, pack your belongings, organize the shipping of your items and the like. There is no wonder that many people feel overwhelmed when moving time does come around. One of the biggest complaints that people have when they move is that they did not get the time that they had hoped to say goodbye to loved ones and friends in the area. The good news is that there is a unique way to combine moving and a goodbye party all in one: packing parties.
What is a Packing Party?
Basically, a packing party is a way to have your cake and eat it too. How many people who have moved in the past feel as though they have to choose between spending time with friends who they may be leaving behind and getting prepared for their move? A packing party is the answer to this. This is a party that you throw in honor of moving. Everyone will come to your home and help you pack up your belongings. It is a huge help, as it makes the packing process go much faster, and it can be tons of fun since you are spending time with friends, remembering the good times and planning your future.
Tips for a Perfect Packing Party
For those who are going to throw a packing party, here are some tips to ensure that this is going to be a huge help to your moving adventure and is also going to be tons of fun for you!
- Order in food to ensure that you do not have to cook and these utensils can be packed.
- Use paper plates and cups, along with plastic silverware so that you can pack these items up as well.
- Ensure that you have tons of boxes, tape, markers, and other packing materials since you are going to have everyone working on this at the same time.
- Make a day of this and at night, you can all go out if you so choose to celebrate one more night together.
- Have this packing party close to your moving day, a couple of days beforehand is often recommended.
- Have some music playing in the background, as work that is tedious and often boring goes better when there is music involved.
- Avoid inviting too many people as this can make the packing take even longer than normal.
Moving does not have to be a solitary event. Having a packing party with your friends, and then once packed, call us here at Excel Moving to get your items to their new location safe and sound.
We have spent a lot of time discussing what to pack and how to pack this. But, there are a few things that you are going to want to ensure that you are not packing. It seems simple enough to throw everything into a box and sort through it later. However, when you are having a moving company deal with your belongings, there are a few papers that you are not going to want to pack. To do so, could mean that your move turns into an even more stressful event that causes a headache and delays. In addition, there are a few personal items that you should not pack, and instead keep this on you at all times.
Your Moving Papers
The moving papers that you get from a company like Excel is going to detail the contract between you and the moving company. This contract is your lifeline when it comes to the company moving you. The information that is detailed in the contract includes the boxes being moved, the prices, the destination time frame of receiving your items and the like. You will also receive paperwork that tells you what to do if something goes wrong, such as if something were to get broken, which is not likely when using Excel for your moving needs.
Always Keep your Medications
Always keep your medications on you. There have been cases in which moving deliveries happen a few days after the initial pack up and loading into the truck. Thus, you do not want to be a few days without those medications that may be helping your life. Too many times, people throw their medications into a box with their bathroom items and then realize when it is too late that they packed up something very important.
Many people would argue that you should keep family pictures and momentous with you instead of letting a company move these. However, here at Excel we treat your belongings just as we would our own. Thus, family pictures, art work, and those with priceless items can be moved safely by our company with no worries.