For those who are ready to move, there are several things that you need to learn before the big moving date. And one of the most important issues to look at, is the mistakes that have been made by others, so that you can learn from their mistakes. The more that you know about what can go wrong, the better you can prepare for these issues. In the end, it can result in a much easier and safer move!
- You try to move on your own without any help from professionals. When this is the case, you are going to find that moving is much harder than the movies make it look. That is why you should always consider a professional mover like Excel Moving. In the end, the cost averages are about the same, and you can avoid a lot of stress.
- You avoid getting moving insurance. We cannot stress this mistake enough. Moving insurance is meant to protect you if something was to happen. While we hope, nothing happens, there are always those little, unforeseen accidents.
- You did not take the time to de-clutter your home before you moved. Why is this important? Why pay us to move items that you are never going to use again? It can save you money and space in the long run.
- You avoided packing a survival kit for moving. With this, we are referring to a couple changes of clothing, medications and those little things that you may need while your items are being delivered to your new location.
- Once your belongings are delivered, you simply tell the movers where to put the boxes and never double check what was delivered. We always encourage our customers to double check those boxes that are delivered. This way, you are going to ensure that you are getting your items.
You do not want to be one of those who are making mistakes, rather than learning from the mistakes that are made by others. Take your time with moving and do your research so that you are fully prepared for whatever comes your way.
As professional movers, we have seen a lot of people come our way and have helped these people move to their new homes. However, what most people don’t realize is that we connect to these people, we learn their stories, often the reasons as to their moves, and sometimes, even their fears that they have of moving. One particular fear that seems to come up a lot when we move families is the new area in which they are moving to. This is even more prevalent in those who are moving from their families to a new area devoid of any connections.
With this being said, it is a hard time for everyone. Not only do they have stress from the move itself, but they are navigating a new city, a new way of life and the obstacle of finding likeminded individuals to connect with. That is why we have compiled a few tips to help make a long distance move a bit easier on you, especially if this is your first time moving away from what you have always known.
- Ensure that you are using apps like Skype or GroupMe to stay in touch with family and friends in your old city. Just because you move, does not mean that you have to cut ties with these people.
- Realize that you are in a new place, so don’t expect to make friends immediately, it will take time, but it will happen.
- Consider joining an online group that interests you that has its roots in your new city. This can be anything from a hobby or even a group that is looking to find people friends.
- Check out the local restaurants, many people find their new group of friends at a local hangout.
- When you start to feel down, list all of the things that you love about your new home and location. This can help you to put into perspective why you moved here in the first place!
For those who are looking to move to Richmond or surrounding areas, but sure to give Excel a call. We can help move your belongings into a new home, and many of our movers can recommend a great local hangout to get you started on your new life.
While you may be opting to use a professional mover for the actual moving aspects of your home, chances are when it comes to packing, organizing and sorting your belongings, there are several friends and family members who are helping to make this happen. For those who do have these friends who are helping, it is important that you show your appreciation. After all, packing and organizing your belongings in your home for a move is hard work, and it can be a long job depending on the size of your home. So don’t let your friends feel as though they are not appreciated. We have come up with a few ideas to help repay those who have helped with all the steps before moving into a new home!
- While packing, be sure that you are supplying drinks, snacks and food for all those who are helping. After all, they are taking the time out of their busy schedules to do this, the least you can do is to ensure that they are not paying for these items out of their own pockets.
- Make sure that you are taking a few breaks while packing, as this is going to help to not only keep everyone from getting overly exhausted, but can be a great way to boost morale among your friends. Use this time to talk about all the good times that you have had, and the excitement about this new move.
- After you have moved, thanks your friends with a party at your new home. Do not let them bring items to eat or the like, simply throw this as a housewarming party and a thank you party for your friends. With this being said, you may want to consider a small gift of your appreciation for each person who helped.
For those who are using Excel Moving, they will find that the moving process will go smoothly. And if you plan in advance to have your things packed and ready to go, the entire process can take even less time than what you had thought!
When you are packing your things for a move, chances are you are focused on the actual items in your home that need to be moved. You are not alone in thinking like this. After all, we are concerned about getting our furniture moved, our knick-knacks packed and insulated, those everyday items in your home, and getting the pets and kids settled into a new home. Due to the number of things that you may be focused on, there is a huge chance you are forgetting some very important items to do before you move. And for those who are moving a long distance, it could mean a trip back to your previous home if you were to forget these items.
- Does your current bank have a branch in the area that you are moving to? If not, then you need to take the time to go to the bank and explain that you will be switching institutions and get this process started so you do not find yourself stranded in your new location with no access to your money!
- Move your medical prescriptions to a new local pharmacy. You may have to sign release forms for these prescriptions to be transferred to a new pharmacy, which you need to do now.
- Do you go to a gym? If the gym does not have a local location in your new area, then cancel this membership now. You are more than likely not going to drive to your old location in order to go to the gym.
- If you have children, be sure that you pick up copies of their school records so that you can be ready for their new year in a new school at a new home.
Too many times when people move, they are so absorbed in the moving process, it is these little things that they forget. And when they forget these, it can slow down the unpacking phase, and getting accustomed to your new location. Don’t forget to let Excel Moving help with your move to make this even easier on you!
One of the main obstacles that faces a person when they are looking to move, is if this is the time to move or not? There are several factors that play into whether or not now is the time to move. For one, consider if you have a home to move into, whether you buy or rent. This is most important. Most people know where they want to move, they just want to know if this is the best time for them to move or not. While, this is a personal decision to make, we do have some tips that can point you into making the right decision!
- Can you afford a move right now? Take into consideration the costs of boxes and packing supplies, paying your movers and the like. Moving is not a cheap ordeal at all, but here at Excel Moving we can ensure that you are getting a great price for your move.
- Do you have any important dates coming up? You do not want to schedule a move during a time frame that you may need to be out of town for business, an important birthday or anniversary, or the like.
- Have you prepared everyone in your family for the move? For those who have kids, they will want to approach this move with caution and ensure that the kids are ready.
- Are you tired of where you are located at? This is going to be one of the key aspects to look at. If you are tired of living in your current area, then moving is the only option that you truly have.
In the end, moving is not something that you should take lightly. It is an expensive endeavor, and you will want to ensure that the move is one that is going to benefit you more in the long run. Therefore, consider why you are moving, the time frame and then call us to help with your move!