There is no doubt about it, we are professionals when it comes to moving people. However, we also have expertise in packing and getting you prepared for your move. With we often hear about those who are packing their belongings, who end up going out to buy things time and time again, as they have forgotten that they need these. It can make the packing process even longer. That is why we have compiled a list of what you need to get before packing and moving, so you are prepared for whatever may come your way!
- A first aid kit: Cardboard cuts can hurt, and they often happen, especially if you are packing and taping up boxes in a hurry!
- Extra tape: Let’s face it, one roll of tape is not going to tape all your boxes. Keep in mind that you may need to tape the bottom and top to keep it reinforced during the move.
- Extra markers: Yes, you may have purchased a multi-pack with three markers in it, but get another one. You can almost guarantee that you will lose a few and run these markers out.
- Packing materials: Be sure to grab extra bubble wrap, towels, newspaper or the like, whatever you are using to warp materials in. You do not want to get to the point that you are simply putting things into a box and hoping for the best.
- Always have extra boxes. You never know when you have underestimated, and this can save you a great amount of time in searching for more boxes later.
One of the biggest things we see people overlook is the extent of the job itself of packing and getting ready for a move. So many people think that they can pack up their belongings within one day. While professionals can do this, most people are going to find that it is super hard to do this in just one day. So, don’t wait too long to start your moving journey!
When we move, we often focus on the logistics of this move. We worry about the moving company arriving on time, about your belongings getting to your new home and the process of doing all of this in a very small amount of time. It can be nerve racking. But, did you know that part of the reason that you may feel stress is due to the emotional issues that often arise when you move? Most people do not realize that moving can be such an emotional experience, but it is most definitely one of the more emotional events of your life, especially if you have lived at your location for several years and have experienced several life events in this area. With this being said, here are a few tips to deal with the emotions that may arise when you move!
- Be ready to shed a few tears if you are someone who cries when they are emotional. There is no shame in this at all!
- Take some time to say goodbye to the home that you have known, this is especially important if you have grown up in this home as a family or the like.
- Consider a small going away party at your home for everyone to say their goodbyes.
- Talk to small children about why you are moving and when you are moving to prepare them for this change.
- Be sure that as part of the emotional process you visit your new area, and introduce yourself to what your new area has to offer you.
Moving is an emotional process, but it does not have to be an event that you remember with dissatisfaction and stress. Utilizing a moving company can help lower the stress of the move, and if you take our advice for dealing with the emotions, your move can be a very positive experience.
For those businesses in North and South Carolina, when it is time to relocate, remember that you are going to want professionals on your side to help with this task. Why is this? For one, professionals like Excel, have done this type of move dozens of times. Meaning that we know the inside tricks to make this run more smoothly and to ultimately help you save as much time as possible. Secondly, when you use a professional mover, you are going to find that this is less stress on you. You already are dealing with the other aspects of relocation such as getting the word out to the consumer market and hoping to avoid having a huge gap between being open for business and moving.
With all this stress, we are here for you, and we want to lend our expertise. We also want to provide you with a few tips to help making this relocation a bit easier on you:
- Get your employees involved in the process of relocating. For example, have them clear out their desks of personal affects so that the movers do not have to worry about these, and perhaps have these employees help with getting things ready to load onto the truck for the move.
- Be sure that you are advertising your move, especially if you provide consumer goods on the market, as you want consumers to know that you are moving and that you are going to be open for business.
- Take the time now to plan your gran re-opening in your new location. You want to ensure that this is a big event to put your business on the map with a splash.
- Consider your inventory before the move. Will it make more sense to discount this inventory to sell now versus moving it to the new location? This is something that each business owner must look at, as it is going to be different for each business.
In the end, while this can be a stressful time, our expertise can make this much easier for you!