We have discussed just how hard it is to pack suddenly and move. However, for many people this is reality. They may have gotten news that requires a quick move, they belong into our armed forces and are getting re-stationed, or maybe that dream job is available but you must be out of state in the next three days to get it. We understand, sometimes a move cannot be planned months in advanced, despite the best of intentions. With this being said, here are 7 tips that are going to help you to be successful in packing your home in a hurry!
- Make three piles: Keep, Throw Away and Donate. Be sure that you are making these piles in each room and quickly go through items. If you are unsure, keep it. Since you are moving so fast, you don’t have time to think about it. But, when unpacking, you can then decide whether to keep it or not.
- Get some help! We cannot stress this enough, when you need to get your home packed up soon, as many people as you can find to help you is going to be what you need to do.
- Start early with your packing. If you must be out in a few days, expect to have some early mornings and late nights trying to get your entire home packed up and ready to move.
- Stay hydrated! Even if it is not hot outside, packing is a chore and it is burning a lot more calories than you realize. Be sure that you stay hydrated so that you are on the top of your game and packing boxes as quickly as possible.
- Wear the right shoes. This is an invaluable tip. For those who wear sandals, they are going to be walking these boxes around the home slower, and are going to be more likely to fall causing an injury. Instead, wear boots or tennis shoes to protect your feet, and have the mobility that you need to get this done quickly!
Remember, whether you know a year in advance of your move, or even just a few days, Excel Moving is here for you!
If your business is considering a move, what about record management? Here at Excel we can help you move your business to a new location with ease, but did you know we also offer record management services? Why should you consider these services? Here is why:
- Record management has been shown to help decrease the likelihood of your business becoming a victim of identity theft!
- Through utilizing record management, you can decrease the physical space that you need at your business location.
- Do you want to know that your records are being stored properly and away from prying eyes? This is a worry of many businesses, but with our service, it is no longer an issue.
Many businesses decide to move due to the space that their records are taking up. While this is a legitimate reason to move, if this is the only reason, is it truly worth it? Our record management service also offers document destroying services that are safe and per your requirements. This can provide you not only with more space, but with the peace of mind that secured documents are taken care of as they should be!
Our facility houses are in Greensboro, NC. And no matter where you are, you can always see that status of your documents from our online tracking system. And if an emergency were to arrive and you need a document, we can get this to you within an hour when the need arises. In the end, you are saving yourself some headaches and space at your location.
Even if you are determined to move into a new location, while move these records with you? Let us move them in our secured facility, and it will no longer be something that you must worry about. Instead, spend some extra time turning this new business location into one that you are super proud of!
In most cases, when a senior decides that it is time to move, they are moving to a smaller home than what they are leaving. In fact, it may be their families who are suggesting that they move, sometimes closer to their children or the like. For seniors, moving can be extremely difficult, especially in cases where they have lived in the home they are moving from for quite some time. We have collected a few pieces of advice to make this easier for seniors who have decided to move.
- If you are downgrading, take the time to get rid of some items in your home. Let your family look at what you may be getting rid of and if this is something that they would want to have in their home. At least this way you are keeping the item in the family.
- Find out about your new area and if there are restrictions to what you can bring. Many seniors move into retirement communities that provide them with new furniture in a home, this is something to consider as you do not want to move your couch for no reason.
- Be sure that you list your home as soon as possible on the market. Your real estate agent will have a better chance of getting this sold in a timeframe that is going to help you get to your new home sooner.
- Do you need transportation services to get your vehicle to your new area? This is something to consider, as many retirement communities may not allow for a personal vehicle. Two, if you are moving close to your family, you may not need a vehicle which will be an extra expense, wasted, if it is not truly needed.
- Be ready for an adjustment. For many seniors, they are leaving a home that they purchased 40 years ago, and raised a family in. This is going to be emotional, but also look at how this move could be exciting and a new adventure to take!
For those who are ready to move, for whatever reason, Excel Moving is here for you. We have the movers and staff to ensure that your move goes off without a hitch and you are into your new home as soon as possible.
While we often recommend that you take a week or more to pack your belongings before a move, there are times in which a person may have to do this in one day, then having the moving company pick up belongings the next day. This can be a bit stressful. But, there are a few things you can do to make this easier, less stressful and a successful venture!
Have High Fuel Snacks on Hand
While it may be tempting to order a few pizzas, and eat this greasy goodness…don’t! These are foods that are going to make you want to curl up in a ball and take a long nap when you really need to packing your belongings. Instead, opt for foods that are healthy and going to give you the right type of energy.
Don’t Forget Breaks
While it may be tempting to continue to pack constantly, you need to have breaks. Why is this? If you do not take breaks, chances are you will find that you get sick and tired of packing your belongings and will start to basically throw things into a box. Instead, take ten or fifteen minute breaks every hour to ensure that you are not losing steam or patience.
Packing by yourself can be daunting, especially if you have a large home. Instead, enlist some helpers to help you out. You can ask people to come altogether, or take people in shifts so that you do not have a house full of people at once. Either way, it can be a great way to have some help and get this done faster.
One of the main ways in which you can ensure that you complete your packing within one day is to be prepared. Have plenty of packing materials so that you can rest easy knowing that you do not have to run out of your house for anything.
Be sure that you have scheduled your move with Excel Moving to get professional service, and a great experience in getting to your new home!
When you are packing, you are probably going to face the issue that most people who move face at one point or another. Should you use garbage bags or boxes for your belongings? Not everything is going to fit in a garbage bag. However, many people wonder if it is better to use these garbage bag for blankets, clothing and those softer items rather than using a box. So, are garbage bags really the best option when compared to a box?
There are some pros and cons of each option:
- It can be much easier to shove clothes into bags rather than boxes
- You may feel as though you can get more clothing into bags rather than placing these into boxes
- Garbage bags are hard to label when compared to boxes
- If you are moving yourself, these garbage bags can be placed into the vehicle in small places that boxes cannot fit
- However, boxes are easier to keep an organized move compared to having bags shoved everywhere
With these pros and cons being noted, most professional companies are going to prefer to move boxes rather than garbage bags. The only reason being is that there are times in which several homes are being moved within one large truck. Having garbage bags all over the place can make this harder to keep organized. However, this does not mean that you cannot put some garbage bags on your moving supply list. There are several cases in which garbage bags can come in handy:
- If you have a drawer full of clothing, it can be easier to dump these into a garbage bag, and then place the bag inside of box. This is especially helpful if you are moving fast and do not want to take the time to fold clothes into the box.
- Garbage bags can be great supplies for those last-minute items you pack that are going with you in your personal vehicle.
- A garbage bag is also useful for your designated overnight bag if you have packed up your luggage or do not want to buy new pieces.
So, before you decide to simply forego the garbage bags, think again. Though they may not be suitable for packing everything that you need to move. They are great for several situations. Remember, if you are moving into or around our area, be sure to call Excel Moving to schedule your move date. You can rest assure that you will find a fair price and a great moving experience!