Summer is the most common time to make a move. However, not only are you battling with packing, ensuring that everything is packed up and ready to go, but you are also fighting with the heat of summer. Summer temperatures throughout the South can get rather warm. The humidity during these days is something that can not only make it unbearably hot but can easily deplete your energy levels to the point that you feel as though you cannot go on. This is why hydration and ensuring that you do not become overheated are two main objectives when moving during the summer.
With this being said, how can you ensure that you are remaining hydrated and not becoming overheated? We have a few tips to help:
- Be sure to take a ten-minute break every hour to drink water.
- Make sure that the majority of what you drink is water, as this is the most hydrating drink out there.
- Sports drinks are okay to drink, but try to stick to water.
- Utilize a wet cloth on your head if you become overly hot. This can help to cool down your core temperature.
- Take breaks in cooler, indoor areas to avoid overheating.
- Know the signs of heat stroke! If you start to have any of these signs, immediately stop what you are doing and seek medical help.
- Try to move and pack during the early morning hours and late-night hours to avoid the heat that skyrockets during the daylight hours.
Remember, if you do become overheated, do not force yourself to do more. You are going to find that if you were to do that, you could do major damage to your body. If you decide to let the professionals at Excel Moving handle your move, you can rest assure that our pros do know about the heat and take all precautions to ensure they are safe and that you are also moved on time!
Raleigh, North Caroline is a metropolitan area that has more than doubled its population in the past 40 years. Many people are moving into this area. For those who are interested into moving into this area, remember that Excel Moving is here for your moving needs. We also want to ensure that you settle into this area with ease!
History of Raleigh
A little background on Raleigh:
- This was named after Sir Walter Raleigh
- Also known as the City of Oaks
- It is the capital of the Tar Heel State
You will find that there are tons of businesses and employment opportunities in this area. There are tons of companies who call this area home chances are you have seen Raleigh included on several nationwide lists of best places to move after college or for certain careers.
Raleigh has some top ranked schools for parents to consider, and for college aged students there are several colleges to choose from! Including NC State University, William Peace University, Wake Technical Community College, and much more.
A Few Moving Tips to Remember
If you are ready to move into Raleigh, we have a few tips that can make this easier!
- Be sure to move during the spring or fall. The weather will be more comfortable. Summer heat here can be hard, but we can still move at any time of the year that you want, despite the weather.
- Downtown can get congested. If moving here, be sure that you do this during times of the day in which the traffic is not that bad.
- You have 60 days to change your driver’s license to an NC state license when moving from out of state.
- If you are moving from out of state, you only have 30 days to change your vehicle registration and title!
- Moving from out of state, check for toll roads.
You are going to love Raleigh! It is full of life and excitement. The key is to take your time and find a home that is going to fit your every need.
Moving away from home for the first time is an emotional time! There are those who do this for college, others go to college while living at home and are not moving out on their own until they land their dream job. Either way, no matter what age you are, this is going to be a difficult process. Not only are you packing what little that you own to move, but you are dealing with the emotional side of moving away from home for the first time.
Expect a Few Tears
Most people will find that when they are moving away for their first time, there will be a few tears. These may be from you or they could be from your parents who have become accustomed to having you home for over 18 years now. Be prepared for the tears, and know that these are not meant to deter you.
Be Prepared for Expenses
The best piece of advice to help calm a lot of those jitters is to know that you have the money to cover living on your own. Hopefully, you have been saving money for those days in which you move out. You need to remember that you are going to be responsible for rent, utilities, and your everyday expenses. This can be a lot of stress, but if you have planned accordingly, it won’t be as difficult to deal with!
Know what to Expect with your Move
Unless you have a lot of second-hand furniture, chances are this first move won’t be much other than those belongings that you have acquired while living with your parents. Either way, Excel Moving can help with the move easily. We will load and unload everything, taking a bit of the stress out of moving. You will want to ensure that you are labeling boxes and getting everything organized so that you can easily unpack and enjoy your own place!
Here at Excel Moving, we handle moves throughout the state and beyond. However, for many people who are moving to Greensboro, there are several areas that we are seeing frequently. There are numerous area within Greensboro that people are moving into. With this being said, we have a few fun facts about the area, along with some areas that people may want to consider when they are looking to move into the area!
Fun Facts about Greensboro
Did you know:
- Greensboro is ranked as #244 in North Carolina!
- In the USA, it is ranked at #9967.
- It has a livability score of 71 which is higher than the state of North Carolina and higher than the rating for the US.
- It gets an A rating for the weather as the average summer temperature is around 76 degrees.
- The amenities in the area are given an A+ rating as there are tons of amenities close to most areas in which people are living
These are just a few of the reasons that so many people are looking to move into the area! Many families are choosing to move into the Greensboro area so that they have some great schools, along with that neighborhood feel in their area.
There are several people who are looking to move here. With this being said, here are some interesting stats about living here:
- The average home price is less than 16% of the national averages
- The average home price is around $147,500 which is lower than the average for the state of North Carolina
- The average rent is $751 per month
So, are you ready to move into Greensboro? If so, we can help! Here at Excel Moving, we are professionals when it comes to helping you pack and move into your new home with ease. We take care of the heavy lifting so that you can sit back and relax. This can be your best move ever, as we will take over the hassle of the move!