Summer is the most common time to make a move. However, not only are you battling with packing, ensuring that everything is packed up and ready to go, but you are also fighting with the heat of summer. Summer temperatures throughout the South can get rather warm. The humidity during these days is something that can not only make it unbearably hot but can easily deplete your energy levels to the point that you feel as though you cannot go on. This is why hydration and ensuring that you do not become overheated are two main objectives when moving during the summer.
With this being said, how can you ensure that you are remaining hydrated and not becoming overheated? We have a few tips to help:
- Be sure to take a ten-minute break every hour to drink water.
- Make sure that the majority of what you drink is water, as this is the most hydrating drink out there.
- Sports drinks are okay to drink, but try to stick to water.
- Utilize a wet cloth on your head if you become overly hot. This can help to cool down your core temperature.
- Take breaks in cooler, indoor areas to avoid overheating.
- Know the signs of heat stroke! If you start to have any of these signs, immediately stop what you are doing and seek medical help.
- Try to move and pack during the early morning hours and late-night hours to avoid the heat that skyrockets during the daylight hours.
Remember, if you do become overheated, do not force yourself to do more. You are going to find that if you were to do that, you could do major damage to your body. If you decide to let the professionals at Excel Moving handle your move, you can rest assure that our pros do know about the heat and take all precautions to ensure they are safe and that you are also moved on time!