For those who are new to using professional movers, there are a few things that you need to know. First of all, you are going to love the experience that you get with professional movers. It is going to result in less stress and the entire move will run a bit smoother. However, this does not mean that you simply sit back and let them do their jobs, there are a few things that you need to do in preparation for them entering into your home to help you move.
- Always be sure that they have a clean path throughout the home. We want our movers to remain safe while they are in the home without the fear of tripping over boxes or items that have been left in the floor.
- Ask questions if you have them! The movers are more than happy to answer any concerns or questions that you may have.
- Be sure that you have cleared the moving truck for parking, especially if you live in an apartment complex that may have rules for where people can park.
- Let neighbors know that you are moving so that they know there may be a bit of noise on moving day.
- Be sure that you remove those things that the movers cannot handle. Whether this means that you put these into a separate box that states do not move or the like.
Movers are going to be professional when they enter into your home. They are going to get the job done and then go onto the next home that they are helping to move. The more prepared you are for the movers, you are going to find that the faster the move goes!
A summer move is in the future for many people. However, remember, this summer move is not the same as if you moved during the fall or winter time. During the summer in the Carolina’s, temperatures tend to soar. And this means moving differently. We have a few tips that everyone needs to remember about their summer move!
- Hydration is key! We have shared various graphics on our social feeds with summer tips for moving. However, we want to stress the importance of hydration. During the summer and when moving, your body is going to need more water. You will want to ensure you are drinking the recommended amount of water and supplementing this to ensure you are not becoming dehydrated if you are sweating while moving.
- Wear cotton clothing, as this is going to be more breathable. The more breathable your clothes are, the more likely you are to stay cool!
- Don’t skip eating. Many people when they are moving during the summer time, they tend to forget to eat or they simply skip this. However, you are using tons of calories while moving and packing. So be sure to eat! This can be something light, just ensure it gives you energy. A plate of raw veggies or fruits can be a great way to keep your energy levels high.
- Time your move just right. You will find that the heat is going to be worse during the early afternoon hours. That is why many people prefer to pack one day and then have the items loaded during the early morning hours to avoid the heat. This is something to consider and talk with your moving company about.
If you are moving in the area, be sure to contact us here at Excel to ensure that we can help manage your move. Our goal is to make your move easier and stress-free for you!
When you are preparing for a move, you are often told by numerous people who have moved before that having a floor plan of your new home is a must have. Why is this? It can make a move into this home much easier if you have this. While most people cannot get an actual blueprint layout of their new home, you can make your own to reference. All you will need:
- Photos of the room can be helpful to help you visualize where you want items placed
- The room measurements including where doors are located, walls and the like
- A large piece of paper or poster board to draw this onto
Once you have this information, here are some tips for how to put this information to good use:
- Use post it notes to add these into the rooms labeled with piece of furniture.
- Prioritize which room should be completed first.
- This will also allow you to make a list of items that may not fit into your new home and whether you should get rid of these or put these into storage.
- Have a plan for where to tell movers to place things, which in the end will make your move in process much easier!
- This can also be helpful in loading the truck, if you are doing this on your own. However, with Excel Moving, you can rest assure that however the truck is packed, your items will be secure and everything will be placed where it needs to be placed that day.
Keep in mind that there are several programs online that will help you in drawing out a floor plan if you are short on time and cannot do this one your own. And these programs are relatively easy to use for anyone, even if you are not a budding architect!
For those who are preparing for a move, what can you do on your end to make this move easier? That is the question that many people ask. After all, moving can be difficult. Once you have scheduled your move with us here at Excel Moving, you can rest assure that you have already taken a major step in making your move easier. Aside from using our services, there are a few other things that you can do to make your next move easier.
- Don’t save packing for until the last minute. If you do, you are going to find that it can be even harder in the long run.
- Ensure that all your boxes are labeled correctly to make unpacking easier.
- Be sure that you take some time to decompress after you move. You can avoid a lot of stress from moving if you simply take some time to relax. If you have designated a box for your first day in a new home, then you can decompress for at least one day before unpacking.
- Get assistance when you need it. Don’t get at this alone. If you need help unpacking, then hire professionals to make this happen!
- Take a few hours before moving to transfer your address on insurance, mail and the like. This way you are completely covered in your new home.
- If your move has come as a surprise, realize that there are going to be a few times in which you may miss your old home. This is normal. But, be sure that you are taking the time to deal with these feelings so that you can be fully on board with your new home!
In the end, moving does not have to be the stressful situation that you imagine it to be. For many, once they use these tips, you are going to find that the move becomes something that is just another activity in your life that you need to do!