When moving, it is a hectic time. There are tons of things that you are trying to do, such as find a new place, say goodbye to those who you may be leaving behind, pack your belongings, organize the shipping of your items and the like. There is no wonder that many people feel overwhelmed when moving time does come around. One of the biggest complaints that people have when they move is that they did not get the time that they had hoped to say goodbye to loved ones and friends in the area. The good news is that there is a unique way to combine moving and a goodbye party all in one: packing parties.
What is a Packing Party?
Basically, a packing party is a way to have your cake and eat it too. How many people who have moved in the past feel as though they have to choose between spending time with friends who they may be leaving behind and getting prepared for their move? A packing party is the answer to this. This is a party that you throw in honor of moving. Everyone will come to your home and help you pack up your belongings. It is a huge help, as it makes the packing process go much faster, and it can be tons of fun since you are spending time with friends, remembering the good times and planning your future.
Tips for a Perfect Packing Party
For those who are going to throw a packing party, here are some tips to ensure that this is going to be a huge help to your moving adventure and is also going to be tons of fun for you!
- Order in food to ensure that you do not have to cook and these utensils can be packed.
- Use paper plates and cups, along with plastic silverware so that you can pack these items up as well.
- Ensure that you have tons of boxes, tape, markers, and other packing materials since you are going to have everyone working on this at the same time.
- Make a day of this and at night, you can all go out if you so choose to celebrate one more night together.
- Have this packing party close to your moving day, a couple of days beforehand is often recommended.
- Have some music playing in the background, as work that is tedious and often boring goes better when there is music involved.
- Avoid inviting too many people as this can make the packing take even longer than normal.
Moving does not have to be a solitary event. Having a packing party with your friends, and then once packed, call us here at Excel Moving to get your items to their new location safe and sound.