What is your priority list when you move into a new home? There are several things that are often forgotten or left for a later date, and then almost always forgotten altogether. In an effort to help you become more organized for your move, we have developed a priority list that we think could help ensure that during a move you are dotting all the ‘I’s’ and cross the ‘T’s’.
So, what should your Moving Priority List contain? This is going to differ from person to person, but we have a few major items to include!
- Declutter Time! Be sure that you schedule enough time to declutter your home before the move. Trust us, the more you declutter, the happier you are going to be. It makes no sense to move tons of boxes that you are never going to open!
- Important updates and paperwork. Take time before the move, or right after, whichever works best for you for all those important updates and paperwork. This includes a change of address, getting new doctors that are in your area, getting kids registered for a new school, changing your address with magazines and the like. This is going to be time-consuming, but is simply something that must be done.
- Are there projects for your new home that need to be done before move in time? This is becoming more common as people are finding more value in buying a cheaper home then renovating this to what they want. The key is to do this before you have your belongings in the home.
- Pack everything a few days before the movers are to arrive. This way you are not running around the day of the move trying to get everything put into boxes and labeled.
- Make arrangements for what you are going to do between the time that your items are in the moving truck to the time that they are moved into a new home. You can use this time to do those DIY projects in the new home or the like!
For those who are contemplating a move, remember that professional at Excel Moving & Storage are here for you. We can make a stressful move just a bit easier on you…and if there is any way to make a move easier, you need to take it!
Here at Excel, we have helped thousands of people move into their new homes. For those who have never used movers before, they will find that with movers, the process becomes simplified. We handle the load of the move, and ensure that it gets to your new home safely and intact. You simply have to be at the home to meet us for the delivery and unloading. With this being said, we have compiled tips that you can utilize to ensure that the move is going to go over well when using movers for your next move!
Make your Move Easier Tips
- Always confirm the times that the moving crew will pick-up and drop off. The bulk majority of issues are due to miscommunication of these times.
- Be sure to detail all those big items that you have that will need to be moved. These types of items may require special tools or hardware to move, and if we know ahead of time, you can ensure that we will come prepared to handle this task.
- Be completely honest about the size of home that is going to be moved, and the number of items that you have. This is going to affect how many movers, along with the size of the truck that is brought to complete the job.
- Ensure that boxes are packed and ready to move the day in which the movers arrive. This can make things much easier, and ensure that everything is completed on time.
- Be sure that you take the time to make an inventory of what you are moving. In most cases, the moving company that you are using is going to compile a list of box numbers, and a brief description of weight or even contents. It is just as important that you make this same list so that you are protected during and after a move.
If you are looking to move, be sure that you are doing your homework and realize just how helpful a moving company can be. For local moves, a move that would normally take a day or two for friends or family to help with, a moving company can accomplish this in one day.
For those who are moving in the South Carolina or the North Carolina area, then Excel Moving is here for you. Contact us today to get a quote and get started on getting into your new home peacefully.