One of the biggest hassles when moving, is packing up your belongings and getting these ready to be moved. It is the one action that most people dread. Not only can this be time consuming, but many people discover that upon moving into their new home, several of the items that they had packed are broken or damaged in one form or another. For that reason, we have compiled a few tips to ensure that you are properly packing your belongings to get them to their new destination safely.
- Always label boxes that are fragile. This ensure that extra care is taken when these boxes are loaded and moved.
- Utilize bubble wrap around dishes, cups, or other breakables.
- Do not over pack a box. It is better to have less weight in a fragile box, as this reduces the chances of dropping this when picking it up. Aim for boxes that are below fifty pounds to ensure they can be lifted with ease.
- For pictures, wrap these in bubble wrap and consider wrapping these in a towel within the box for extra padding.
- Try to keep items together in a room, as this will help to reduce the time that it takes to unpack.
- Consider using sheets or blankets in various boxes for extra padding to ensure they are safely moved.
- Important documents should be kept with you, rather than put into a box for your movers. This way, you know you have this information if you need it.
- If you use garbage bags for packing clothing or other soft items, utilize strong bags that are not going to rip. However, if using a moving company like Excel, boxes are often preferred as they can be arranged much easier in a moving truck.
There are tons of tips out there about how to easily and efficiently pack a box. Those that we have compiled here give you the fundamentals. Have any neat tips to share? If so, let us know! And remember that when moving in the North or South Carolina area, that Excel Moving is here for you!