We have discussed just how hard it is to pack suddenly and move. However, for many people this is reality. They may have gotten news that requires a quick move, they belong into our armed forces and are getting re-stationed, or maybe that dream job is available but you must be out of state in the next three days to get it. We understand, sometimes a move cannot be planned months in advanced, despite the best of intentions. With this being said, here are 7 tips that are going to help you to be successful in packing your home in a hurry!
- Make three piles: Keep, Throw Away and Donate. Be sure that you are making these piles in each room and quickly go through items. If you are unsure, keep it. Since you are moving so fast, you don’t have time to think about it. But, when unpacking, you can then decide whether to keep it or not.
- Get some help! We cannot stress this enough, when you need to get your home packed up soon, as many people as you can find to help you is going to be what you need to do.
- Start early with your packing. If you must be out in a few days, expect to have some early mornings and late nights trying to get your entire home packed up and ready to move.
- Stay hydrated! Even if it is not hot outside, packing is a chore and it is burning a lot more calories than you realize. Be sure that you stay hydrated so that you are on the top of your game and packing boxes as quickly as possible.
- Wear the right shoes. This is an invaluable tip. For those who wear sandals, they are going to be walking these boxes around the home slower, and are going to be more likely to fall causing an injury. Instead, wear boots or tennis shoes to protect your feet, and have the mobility that you need to get this done quickly!
Remember, whether you know a year in advance of your move, or even just a few days, Excel Moving is here for you!